I brought on Attorney Luke Williams of Barnett, Howard & Williams: Attorneys & Counselors at Law to help answer the all-important question – IS CBD OIL LEGAL IN TEXAS?
Luke Williams has been in practice for over a decade. And, in that decade plus, he’s spent his time defending and prosecuting state criminal offenses in Texas. A majority of that work is related to drug offenses, primarily as marijuana possession and offenses of that nature.
During the course of the interview, Attorney Luke Williams helps us answer a whole slew of questions on the legality of Medical Marijuana & CBD Oil in Texas.
- What does Texas define as Marijuana?
- Does Texas make a distinction between Marijuana & Hemp?
- How are Marijuana & Hemp scheduled by the Texas Controlled Substances Act?
- How are Marijuana & Hemp scheduled on the Texas Schedule of Controlled Substances?
- What is the Texas Compassionate Use Act?
- How is the Texas Compassionate Use Act used to enforce the law?
- What is the penalty for possessing a CBD product in Texas?
- What are some examples of arrests made for selling and possessing CBD Oil in Texas?
- How are CBD & THC scheduled on the Schedule of Controlled Substances in Texas?
- What is the penalty for possessing a CBD product that has THC in it in Texas?
- Can law enforcement subject people to a urine or blood drug test in Texas?
- What is the common context in which law enforcement finds CBD products in Texas?