Unfortunately, I come to you bearing some bad news about CBD Oils. And, ultimately, it’s information you need to know because at the end of the day it affects your health.
A recently published research study found some pretty dangerous chemicals in CBD vape oils. These are chemicals that have the potential to land you in the emergency room or cause death.
I’m going to really quickly explain to you what CBD vape oils are, just in case you don’t know. I’m sure you’ve heard of electronic cigarettes, or what are otherwise known as e-cigarettes. Basically, CBD vape oils are placed in the e-cigarettes and then inhaled for the effect of the CBD.
So the story goes that some researchers got word that CBD vape oils made by Diamond CBD contained ingredients other than CBD that got them high. They decided to look into these products by ordering several different CBD vape oils from Diamond CBD’s website. They then ran and re-ran the CBD vape oils through several laboratory tests. And, ended up finding some pretty dangerous chemicals in the CBD vape oils – dextromethorphan & 5F-ADB.
Dextromethorphan is used in a lot of over-the-counter cough and cold medications. Too much dextromethorphan causes agitation, loss of control of bodily movements, make your arms & legs stiff and difficult to move, sedation, and hallucinations. Dextromethorphan is often abused to get high. For this reason, a lot of retailers moved products containing Dextromethorphan behind the counter. So, you have to ask a pharmacist to access it. And that goes to show you the potential dangers that this drug poses.
5F-ADB is the same stuff that’s found in illegal synthetic marijuana & it goes by the street names “K2” and “Spice.” 5F-ADB produces similar effects to THC, like paranoia, anxiety, panic attacks, confusion, psychosis, convulsions, palpitations, high blood pressure, and psychomotor agitation, which is when you pace around the room, tap your toes, or talk really fast, and organ damage. 5F-ADB is not like THC in that it can actually cause death. In 2014, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), 2311 cases of 5F-ADB needed some sort of medical intervention or resulted in death.
All in all, none of the Diamond CBD products should’ve contained anything other than the ingredients listed. Diamond CBD provided no indication whatsoever that their products contained active ingredients other than CBD. That’s
So there you have it, folks. It’s the reality of an unregulated industry.
Now the question remains what action can you take to protect yourself.
- First and foremost, don’t buy into the marketing & advertising on the packaging. The study pointed out that Diamond CBD claimed on its website that its products were “100% natural CBD extracts,” but obviously that wasn’t the case.
- You need to know exactly what you’re putting in your body. So, ask a whole heck of a lot of questions before you pull out that wad of cash or your credit card. So, what questions should you ask? I’ll walk you through them.
- Where is the hemp sourced from? Is it grown in the United States or elsewhere? Is it grown in a state or country that regulates the production of Hemp?
- How is the Hemp grown? What kind of growing practices is the farmer using?
- How is the CBD extracted from Hemp? Are unsafe & toxic solvents being used?
- Where was the CBD Oil tested? Was it tested at a third-party independent state certified & accredited lab?
- What’s the strength & concentration of the CBD in the product?
- Is the amount of THC less than 0.3%?
- Is the product tested for Pesticides? Are there toxic levels of Pesticides in the CBD oil?
- Is the product tested for Heavy Metals? Are there harmful levels of Heavy Metals in the CBD oil?
- Is the product tested for Fungus & Bacteria?
- Is the CBD oil full-spectrum or made with a CBD isolate?
And if the company is in anyway skirting around giving you straight answers, then it’s a no-go.